17 September 2012

1st time running marathon, 12 KM, in Klang. FOWER!!!

16-9-2012, is a very special day for me, cause it's my 1st time participating in marathon.
It was raining quite heavily. The 12 km-long run was very tiring and somehow very satisfying.
I stayed in Steffi's house for 1 night,


Eddryll came to my house and tumpang bro's car to Klang.
When we're about to reach Klang, in bro's car, we called steffi, she didn't pick up cuz she was dressing up marcus for his very first prom. HAha!

1st thing we did when we reached Klang was to fetch Marcus(Steff's bro) to his prom, he had a partner. (Oh how sweet!)
Then we had road trip within klang, Steff brought us to check out lots of nice houses.
At the evening, we talked to her dad, ate curry pai kut prepared by Steff's mommy, THanks mom!
Then about 10 pm we went to fetch Marcus back.
Sleeping time! We peeked at Steffi's young photo, oh gosh, the same smile has been used by her for decades!
Eddryll wanted to sleep pretty badly, there I was fooling him as usual. While I said im gonna sleep, I tickled eddryll, and he countered. I almost screamed out lika baby.
Then, I remember Marcus was pretty interested in talking to me I guess, cause he was keep asking me questions, but for the sake of eddryll wana sleep, he stopped.
And yes! OMAGAH! He showed me his collections of Toy Weaponry. No joke, the crossbow! A real one! Damn Chun! It weights like 5kg? And the feeling when you hold it on your hands, I TELL YOUU..... GRRRHHHH! Feel so empowered, it's like you've just gotten a king of super power.

BTW, he thinks I'm weird, and I was taking it as a compliment. And before I slept used marcus' BEATs to listen music on bed. And there went my sleep.


*Somebodeh woke me up* Eddryll said he woke me up like 3 times, but I only could remember once. lol. And Steffi came by and woke me up in the end.

-Fast forward-
Then we got ready and gogogo! Reached the stadium beside Istana Alam Shah.


The stadium = people mountain people sea indeed. Moreover, unstable pace of raining just like god's orchestra.
Did a little while of strecthing before we got into our queue.
Pragmatically, it was quite cold cuz it's a freaking morning and it's raining!

We were still together and talking to each other around starting point and only started splitting at the main road.
It was a very very nice experience, and I actually found ourselves lucky that it was raining so the weather could cool us down. Oh yes! 1 thing that I've learned during that day was setting target as I checkpoint.

Let's say, blue jersey guy is like 100m in front of me, I will sprint and take over the person, and then slow the pace down. (It's funny and awkward that when you start getting slower, he'll soon outrun you, AGAIN!)

And 1 more interesting thing to mention is that the water stops, it's my first time to have refreshment from a marathon's water stop! :D
And as a first time marathon runner, I'm pretty proud that I finished 12km. Cause a lot of my friends said they are already dying even for the 10km of Nike run.


OK! Landmarks that I noted during the run:

Prudential building, flyovers, Indian streets.







*Epic music: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONNNNNN, MY FRENSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~!!! *

After the run, we went to had breakfast in a food court near Steff's house, can't recalled the court's name though.

No comments :